Monday, February 3, 2014

Two years old ~

Two years ago, a word entered into our life
that one can never be prepared for:
Cancer.

We were then introduced to more (equally scary) words:
Chronic Myeloid Leukemia.

My husband was diagnosed after 
discovering his white blood cell levels were way too high
for his 'routine' appendicitis.

What we know now is how blessed we were for
the appendicitis, and the doctors we were
surrounded by then and now.

The Lord has his plans, and they seem to be
different enough from ours that we are
constantly surprised by how He uses the broken for His glory.

These past two years have been an adventure for our family.
Nothing has come close to the low one feels
after hearing their dear one has been hit with the cancer stick,
but since we have relied on the Lord through this
process, we have been able to see His hand
at work at all times.

We know that over these last two years, He has been grooming us.
We have really solidified our little family unit,
we have learned to lean on Him in ALL,
and we have found that our frequency to His calling(s)
resonates clearly for us when we are prayerful.

We have been able to give up on our small dreams
in exchange for His big plans.
We have been able to take news of friends and family
in difficult situations in a very peaceful and prayerful way.

We are able to see how He uses the 
ugly, sin, disease, and brokenness
for HIS glory and how we get to play a role in that.

It is a privilege to be called a child of God,
the Heavenly Father whom cares about the details in our lives.

We can now praise the Lord for this cancer diagnosis.

Thank you for the medicine that is working so well,
we pray that it continues to work as well.

Thank you for the doctors that we are able to interact with,
blessed with such brains and bedside manner only
an Intelligent Creator could create.

Thank you for the perspective that we are able to
have and rest in the comfort of His plan and control of our lives.

Thank you, God for my husband.
I cherish his passion for providing for our family
in a very difficult business with high pressure and high expectations.
I adore his deep love for our family and big arms to wrap around us.
I honor his commitment to being a man of God
with integrity, honor and chivalry that is not often praised in this society.
I love him so much, Lord.
Those words seem so shallow compared to the depth of the reality.
I thank you for introducing him to me when I was 14.
I thank you that our relationship was built on a solid foundation
of friendship and growth.
I pray that we continue grow very old together blessed
with watching our grand babies have babies
leaving a legacy of Your love behind
for generations to come.
Amen.

4 comments:

  1. It was two years ago that we went to Julienne's together and I hoped to encourage you after this diagnosis. And LOOK! Look how faithful the Lord has proved himself!! I sure love your whole family my friend! So happy for this testimony 2 years down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. his beauty rises up out of the ashes of brokenness every.single.time.
    thankful for your husband's health and for how you guys have grown in him and together as a family through his diagnosis.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy,
    Thank-you for sharing your trials and tribulations. I will keep you on my prayer list. I think a strong marriage does take lots of heart & soul and daily affirmations to embrace the goodness.
    Keep the faith and the love going.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved seeing you two come through this together. I will always remember that first year and the endless cancer jokes that I know you both laughed at only because...what else were you going to do? You both held God's name at the center of it, before it and through it...the test that continues to be a part of the testimony. You two are so good together and our God is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

~ Your comments are crucial to the refinement, I cherish them. ~