Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Surrender, Obedience, Blessings...

Late October/November last year, 
my husband and I were sitting in church listening to
a fabulous sermon by our pastor, JP Jones.

I remember the sermon being about
our purpose and our calling and what we are
responsible for as committed followers of Christ.

It was in that sermon that the Lord
spoke to my husband and I in a very clear way.
He was calling us to be adoptive parents.

Over the last 10ish years,
we have struggled with infertility.
We have been through the range of emotions
over the past decade.

During this time that my first blog was born
It was a blog started on the superficial and generic.

It morphed into a place where I could
I was feeling at the time.

The Lord used this avenue to
speak to me through other bloggers.
This then planted the seed of friendship that
over the past 6 years have developed deep roots and
establish a line of communication
with Him that I had severed out of stubbornness and anger.

My dear friend, Lissa
wrote me a long letter in our early friendship
and taught me about surrendering.
It was a foreign concept and *exactly* what I needed to hear.

It took many many years for me to fully 
SURRENDER.
Surrender my dreams, my marriage, my parenting,
my friendships, my activities.
Surrender to His will.
To His way.
Completely trusting that HE is in control of my life.

The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; 
it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.

Cut to February this year.
We have researched, prayed and lead to
amazing people to walk along side us, doing the Lord's work
to bring another child into our family.
A prayer that has been answered after so many years of
praying, aching and yearning for our family to grow.

We were in a world of adoption that was completely unknown.
We knew we were called.
And that's all we needed to know.
Obedience.
Not always knowing the path,
but trusting the path is there by walking in faith.

Blessed are all who fear the Lord
who walk in obedience to him.

And then, we are surprised.
SHOCKED.
in AWE.


I am excited to share that we are pregnant.
14 weeks.
Blessings.

We knew that 2014 would grow our family,
our hearts with adoption.
But, again, the Lord had other plans.

As soon as we surrendered to His will,
obeyed His instruction,
the blessings abound in unimaginable ways.

All these blessings will come on you 
and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God

Here is a bit of the journey over the years of our infertility:

17 comments:

  1. I have tears! I love you so much! You're one of my best friends in the world. And I of course am assuming that boy or girl this baby will be named lissa. ;0)
    love you so. this is one of the best God stories of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I only recently started following your blog (found you through Lissa's blog) and what an amazing story. Congraulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears here too. Love you all SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved this baby for years :) This little precious baby that would grow your family.
    Of course I had no idea this precious babe would come this way, but now here they are & I love them...have loved them...I AM BEYOND WORDS ELATED!!! xo legs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't be more excited for you all!!!!!!!! Sending you hugs!!!!!!!!!!! You have made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I know what this means!!!! I'm so beyond thrilled for your news and your beautiful family! Congratulation and sending love and smiles your way!!!!!! Outstanding!!!!!!
    Xoxoxo
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  7. In His time!!!!! Lots of love and hugs to you all.....baby girl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In His time!!! Love and hugs to you all...baby girl,too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are no words to express just how happy I am for you. What a lucky baby to be given to such an awesome family who will cherish every moment forward. Here's to sleepless nights, spit-up, blow-outs and baby cuddles!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to step away at work to get my joyful tears out. Thank you, Lord, for this child! Thank you, Tracy, for sharing your journey & reminding us all to trust His perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to step away from work to get my joyful tears out. Thank you, Lord, for this child! Thank you, Tracy, for sharing your journey & reminding us all to trust His perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He has given you this child you've prayed for....so happy for you guys! Praying protection over you and the baby as it grows and develops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so tickled for you!!
    so happy for you!!
    so blessed to see the gift & little miracle growing inside you!!
    love your heart for the lord!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Embrace the present moment with gratefulness and wonder, and God will turn it into whatever you have been waiting for. His will for you will come to fruition." Isaiah 43:18
    Blessings to you for knowing that all of the plans are with God and his love for you.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  15. "God's plan will always be greater and more beautiful than all your disappointments."
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very happy for you!! The Lord certainly did have plans for you!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! That is amazing news! God's plan is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

~ Your comments are crucial to the refinement, I cherish them. ~