Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Grateful



this photo that got me thinking:

How am I changing the world 
because I am so grateful?

The Lord has been so patient and faithful to me.
My whole life is a reflection of it.
He has endured my childish temper tantrums, my avoidance,
my pleads and begs by calmly and lovingly
holding on to me while I squirm and squeal and fight the grip of His arms.

He let me go but I was never out of sight.
He would attempt to console me 
but like a teenager, I would screamed at him
"GO AWAY!"

In the most gentle, warm and sweet voice
He would lovingly assure me that He
would *never* go away.

And He hasn't.  
And I've finally come back to Him.

With a renewed sense of purpose and perspective...
With a greater understanding of who He made me to be...
With a clear vision of His plan and the clarity hindsight brings, 
I understand my Heavenly Father.

So, how am I changing the world
because I am so grateful?

I am becoming a better me, a better woman of the Lord
by learning about God's character through His Word, 
strengthening our relationship.

This will make me a better wife, Biblically submitting to my husband
 and loving this man as he needs to be loved.

This will make me a better mother to this gift of a daughter,
training her up in the way she should go:
a disciple of Christ.

This will make me a better friend, prayerfully engaging and
loving friends and family as Jesus loves me.

This will make me a better member of the community,
no longer tunnel visioned in my own
little world, but eyes open - looking for opportunities to serve.

This will make me open to the Lord's will,
trusting that His purpose will prevail whether I'm on board or not.
And when His will prevails, there are blessings.

I am grateful to The Lord, for The Lord,
because of The Lord.

I am grateful we have a day to stop
and think about the blessings
in our life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Tracy, you have grown up to be an inspiration to all. I'm very proud of you. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the Lord is working in your heart.

    ReplyDelete

~ Your comments are crucial to the refinement, I cherish them. ~